PDA

View Full Version : Groundwork training -DVDS

Sal1
14-06-13, 04:47 PM
Hi there

Just after advice on good groundwork type DVDs/books you can recommend?

Cheers

Rosette
14-06-13, 05:06 PM
Carlos Tabernaberri "Through the Eyes of a Horse" DVD and book :)

voloclydes
14-06-13, 06:25 PM
Steve Brady you can order books or DVDs.... And easy to follow diagrams to sort out problems.

Michele
14-06-13, 06:40 PM
I second Steve Brady

Sweetheart
16-06-13, 07:05 AM
Carlos DVD :)

Stormhorse
16-06-13, 10:05 PM
quantum savvy has two DVD's "101 things to do with your horse" if you're looking for ideas. the levels program also has has groundwork exercises that you can purchase as DVD's or download.

angloarabs
16-06-13, 10:23 PM
Parelli 7 Games is a good series to start of with, very easy to follow.

misglen
17-06-13, 08:08 AM
Another vote for Carlos' DVD - easy to learn the exercises, and they work!

Private Eye
17-06-13, 08:36 AM
Manola Mendez is about to bring out a dvd for inhand work

I can wait

Being very classically trained from day dot, Im really excited to get my hands on one. I LUV the classical training and thinking...and to really get more when off your horses back Im really excited about.. Esp when there are days everything is slush......

If your interested I can send you a link to the lady who is producing it

If your wanting groundwork per say def some form of good natural horsemanship.. The ten commandments (the author has slipped my mind) is great. I have the book which I can lend you if you like

Ground manners on a horse are bliss... RUDE ones I really hate

Nothing worse than a horse invading your personal space...my pet hate

Redbug
17-06-13, 09:13 AM
I agree PE ,
So many people say their horse & quiet , well mannered etc but it rubs on them uninvited , pulls them over to a patch or grass & makes the handler move their feet without even realising the horse is making it happen .

All mine are handled using the 7 games as the starting point .

Nova
17-06-13, 09:24 AM
Private Eye mentioned the Ten Commandments. John Chatterton is the author of the Ten Commandments. He calls it 'affiliative horsemanship - bonding rather than domination'. I find his method easy to follow and have had great results. It's well worth getting the book and/or his DVDs.

Private Eye
17-06-13, 09:27 AM
Private Eye mentioned the Ten Commandments. John Chatterton is the author of the Ten Commandments. He calls it 'affiliative horsemanship - bonding rather than domination'. I find his method easy to follow and have had great results. It's well worth getting the book and/or his DVDs.

thanks Nova... It was too cold for me to even contemplating going down the other end of the house to find the book and find the author

thankyou :)

Toffee
17-06-13, 10:35 AM
Sal, another good one is Clinton Anderson. You can watch a lot of his stuff online for free. He has his own tv show in the US but was originally from Australia.

http://www.downunderhorsemanship.com/

There is also some of his stuff on YouTube.

voloclydes
17-06-13, 11:37 AM
Wow, that's is shiney price!

Stevens book is or was $50.00 postage is $15.00 you can buy all Steves DVDs and book for that! Max of $15.00 postage anywhere. He also conducts clinic for about $200.00 for 2 days.

He believes in helping people and making it excessable to every one. By keeping it cheaper.

17-06-13, 12:52 PM
I'm a John Chatterton (The 10 Commandments) devotee and use his methods.

I'm also awaiting for the Manolo Mendez DVD on in hand work and intend to purchase that.

Suzie Q
18-06-13, 09:33 AM
Another one for John Chatterton's 10 Commandments. If you can't afford a book, go to the local library, if they don't have it you can fill out a form suggesting they buy it.

amy_g
18-06-13, 07:38 PM
warwick schiller's stuff on you tube is very good. He's also got videos for online purchase. No nonsense, common sense stuff.

bigredpaws
18-06-13, 07:44 PM
I have the Clinton Anderson series. I get them when he has a sale, there is a pretty good one each year in November for Black Friday sales and you get them abour 33% off. The groundwork exercises are fantastic and I like that is shows you common horse mistakes, common handlers mistakes and what to watch out for. It's a good easy to follow system

I also really like Chris Cox. Another American but he grew up in Australia. His dvd's are not as slick as Clintons but he is really down to earth and I've picked up so much from his sets.

I wouldn't mind one on long reining. The Double Dans have one, has anyone bought it?